The truth about service reliability engineering
Error budget, inter-team relationships, and your team’s ability to push back on faulty software are all swept under the rug because of improper SRE mindset. Netenrich leads SRE with effective postmortems of incidents, defines roles for individuals, and optimizes MTTR with runbook automation.
- 84% of all SREs say their infrastructure resides in the cloud or will soon migrate there.
- Site reliability engineers are hungry for more automated systems to keep pace with their organization’s demands.
- Determine site reliability engineering best practices, why you need site reliability engineering, and set operational goals to balance business needs and customer expectations.
- The rallying effect of shared responsibility for a set of SLOs will improve the reliability equation.
NO ROOM FOR LATENCY
“Slow is the new Down.” Defined Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) effectively measure availability of your systems and trigger quick actions when performance drops below threshold.
- Measure process request latency, throughput of requests per second, and failures per request. Correlate information from disparate sources and connect stakeholders in a role-flexible, dynamic dashboard.
- Focus on higher-level SLOs with Agile operations and improved collaboration between Development and Operations teams by reducing communication silos.
- Track performance and availability with synthetic testing, device and component level monitoring to gather service-level data.
Enable digital experience monitoring
REDUCE RISKS AND ERROR BUDGETS
Focus on measuring risks through error budgets. Apply a quantitative approach to balance availability and feature development.
- Measure, analyze, and improve SLOs with service level alerts when incoming requests are above the expected threshold.
- Empower your teams to balance release velocity with reliability tasks by keeping a tab on your service up/down status and resource utilization.
- Optimize MTTR, automate problem detection, and react faster with data analytics, intelligent algorithms and runbook automation.
TRACK AND ELIMINATE REDUNDANCIES
Identify repetitive toil by seeing incoming vs. outgoing ticket rates and tracking the scope of work required, degree of difficulty, and automating remediation.
- Predict patterns in your tickets, surveys, and on-call incident response. Prioritize based on the aggregate human time spent with machine learning-powered capabilities.
- Troubleshoot outages and performance issues with a workflow devoid of manual intervention and automated low-level incident resolution.
- Empower teams to focus on business-critical demands after completing root cause analysis of incident scenarios and developing innovation and self-healing systems.
Eliminate manual effort
Improve service reliability.
Analyze business impact proactively.
Reduce operating costs.
Improve DevOps collaboration.
Enable automated operations.
Evolve new tech.
Offer high satisfaction.
Deliver speedy service.
Provide reliable features.