The Senior Network Administrator will be part of an exciting team that manages the overall Network and Security Infrastructure. This position requires shift work in the Digital Operations Centre which is a 24 X 7 environment, 365 days a year.
Here’s what you will do!
- Handles multiple customer network environments as an Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- Addresses the day to day issues or requests in the network environment;
- Performs problem management to identify the repeat issues and provide recommendations;
- Plans network architecture, implementation and support, create and update network;
- Designs and documents projects as per customer or audit requirement;
- Handles change requests for customer environments;
- Works with vendors and carriers such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortigate, Pal Alto etc;
- Performs SRM Audit for version review and Hardware EOL/EOS along with recommendations;
- Perform Infra Analysis and Recommendations on Client Infra;
- Review and provide recommendations on Vulnerability Scan reports;
- Perform upgrade on device IOS & firmware version;
- Participate in Outage or MIM calls which were reported;
- Participate in Customer Meetings;
- Develops RCA reports for critical outages;
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures for solving issues and while guiding and mentoring the team;
- Provide on call support when required;
- SPOC for all client requirement request initially discussions;
Here’s what you will need!
- A minimum of eight to ten (8-10) years of networking experience in a NOC environment;
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, network administration, systems engineering, or a related field of study;
- Switching – CISCO, LAN – Access, Core, redundancy/high availability – Setting up of LAN (500 users at least) (How to configure VLAN);
- Routing – Routing protocols – static, dynamic, BGP/EIGRP, CISCO WAN,MPLS, SD Wan;
- Security Firewall – Palo alto, Fortinet, Net screen, CISCO ASA, SDN – Meraki MX, Viptela;
- CISCO ACS (Access Control Server), TACACS;
- Application Load balancing;
- NMS – Networking monitoring – SolarWinds, OP Manager;
- Good Troubleshooting Skills on issues reported;
- IOS / Firmware Upgrade Activities;
- Vulnerability Assessment Report – Analysis and Recommendations;
- CISCO Wireless LAN, Cloud WLAN – Meraki, Aruba;
- SDN – ACI, Meraki, Cradlepoint, Viptela, VM NSX;
- Knowledge of PCI/ISO requirements;
- Any Product Technical Certification like CCNP or CCIE;
- Knowledge of Network administration for Cisco devices and open standard UTM firewalls;
- Knowledge about Security and hardening of LAN, WAN & Network Security Devices;
- Experience of Network and Security design and Implementation;
- Escalation Handling;
- Good understanding of ITIL process;
- SPOC for all clients calls during Business Hours;
- Good communication skills;
*Based on security requirements, applicants applying to this position must have lived in Canada for at least the last five (5) years.
Here’s what we offer you!
If you are motivated to succeed in an entrepreneurial start up environment, where you can “role up your sleeves”, be creative, provide solutions, have flexible work arrangements, work with a collaborative team to deliver superior customer service….this could be your next opportunity!
Please send your resume to [email protected] if you are interested in joining the team during this exciting start-up phase!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.